Shazia’s Channa Chat (Raw Garbanzo Salad)
- 1 15-ounce can of garbanzo or 1 cup boiled garbanzo, rinsed
- ¼ red onions or 2 sprigs of green onions, chopped
- 2 juicy Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- Few dashes of chat masala, optional (available at any Indian grocery store)
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ – 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- In a pan, dry roast cumin seeds for about 5 minutes, flipping a few times. Let them cool for few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix very well.
- Adjust lemon or lime flavor. Chat should be tangy.
Makes: 2 servings | Total Time: 15 minutes
About the Chef
Chef: Shazia Gogia
Interests: Yoga, cooking
Favorite Local Activity: Walking on North Carlsbad beaches
About the Recipe: This recipe is perfect for the summer season. It is quick to fix, healthy, and so delicious. This is the most-loved street food sold all over North India and served in every Indian sub-continental home for fun, entertainment, and a quick snack. It is sometimes eaten with chai.
About the Chef: I am an Ayurvedic practitioner, Ayurvedic chef with 1,000 hours of training, and the author of Alchemy of Ayurvedic Cookery. I offer Ayurvedic lifestyle and wellness counseling and teach Ayurvedic cooking classes. I also teach yoga all over Carlsbad and live in the Village with my husband.
GET PUBLISHED! Submit a recipe at www.0810magazine.com